Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fabolous Delays Mixtape In Light Of Recent Events, "I Don't Feel Good About Talking 'Funeral' In These Times"



New York rapper Fabolous has decided to keep fans waiting for his DJ Drama mixtape, There Is No Competition 2, in light of the recent Haiti earthquake.

According to Fab, the project will likely drop at the end of the month.

"I appreciate everyone lookin 4 & forward to #TiNc2.. It will b #classic.. But in light of the haiti tradegy imma hold of til end of Jan.," Fab wrote via Twitter on Tuesday (January 19). "Its very sad & tragic, & tho I has previously scheduled 2 release it, don't feel good bout talkin "funeral" n these times. Patience 4 #TiNc2 Its only a week, 10 days at most.. And its crazy.. Anyone who's heard any of the #TiNc2 mixtape please vouch that its crazy!" (Fabolous' Twitter)

Earlier this month, the rapper hyped his mixtape's quality.

"It took God 6 days 2 create the heavens & the Earth.. Took 300 million yrs 2 make the Grand Canyon..," he wrote Monday (January 4). "Takes 9 months 2 birth a baby, but u get a bundle of joy.. So hav patience 4 the mixtape. #TiNc2 will b the baby jesus of mixtapes!" (Fabolous' Twitter)

Fab recently spoke on working toward his next album along with the forthcoming DJ Drama mixtape.

"I'm looking to come next summer," Fab said of the album's release date. "I like summer releases. It's good timing. People are out, a lot of people need good music to ride to. I'm looking towards June or July again and come with Loso's Way 2." As of now, the roll-out for the original Loso's Way is still underway. Fab wants to release viral visuals for "Lullaby," "Last Time" and "Makin' Love," while a clip "I'mma Do It" hit the 'net a few weeks ago. Look for Fab to keep heating up cyberspace with a new mixtape on December 25, hosted by DJ Drama. (MTV)

The rapper previously said he felt the mixtape game initially seemed to be dying out.

"The Drake mixtape of course was a huge success," Fab explained in an interview. "Lil Wayne's tape generated a lot of interest. I saw Wayne and just listening to his tape gave me kinda the feeling that people still accepted the mixtapes and wanted to hear it. I guess it's particular artists that they attach to but I had felt even with the most high-class artists, people were getting so used to getting free music that the mixtape game wasn't that influential anymore. So when I seen what [Wayne's] No Ceilings did, it let me see that there's still definitely potential there, there's still that market there. I think for me it's definitely there because my albums tend to be a little more mainstream than my mixtapes." (Real Talk NY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YA FEEDBACK/OPINION??