Monday, December 27, 2010

Rapper G-Dep Wasn't Aware He Was Confessing To Murder




Apparently when Trevell Coleman, AKA rapper G-Dep, came clean to police about shooting a man in the chest in 1993, he may not have known that he was confessing to killing a guy. Hetold the Post in a jailhouse interview, "I was surprised -- for some reason, I really didn't think that he died. When they told me, I was like, 'Oh, I'm not going home after this.'" He has now been charged with murder, and faces life in prison.
Coleman says he didn't think much of the shooting at the time, but "started to wonder if all the bad things that happened to me in my life were karma for what I did...I thought that if I turned myself in, it might give me closure." So despite the objections of his mother and his girlfriend, he told the police. Now he says, "The only thing I regret is that I have to leave my kids."
It's ironic that police didn't catch him for his most dangerous crime, because as one police source said, Coleman had "particularly bad luck with getting caught." He's been arrested 25 times, most recently in November for trespassing with drugs on city-housing property. But Police Commissioner Ray Kelly seemed happy about the confession, saying, "We'll take it any way we can get it." So much catchier than "Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YA FEEDBACK/OPINION??